DMV Easy Answers
for Renewing a Driver's License
Holiday Schedule: On Friday, Sept. 2, DMV offices will close at 12:30 p.m. in recognition of the Labor Day holiday. Offices will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 6, at 7:45 a.m. More information.
You may renew your license on or as early as 120 days (four months) prior to your license expiration date. AAA offices do not process CDLs or public passenger endorsements.
What to do:
What to bring:
- Your current license.
- Your renewal application form that you received in the mail.
- For customers choosing a "verified" renewal: Your required documents for a "verified" license through Real ID Program.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Holders: Provide printed confirmation notice of self-certification with DMV.
What it will cost:
- $72 renewal fee.
- See acceptable forms of payment.
- AAA offices have the authority to charge a convenience fee for DMV transactions. Effective September 1, 2016, a convenience fee that must be paid separately to AAA will increase from $3 to $5. The fee is payable to AAA.
- NOTE: Late fee of $25 will be charged for the renewal of an expired driver's license.
- Military Personnel - see information regarding fee waiver.
For more information, please see detailed information on renewing a driver's license.
Content Last Modified on 8/22/2016 12:54:54 PM