Draft Guidance Document for Design of Large-Scale On-Site Wastewater Renovation Systems
The Guidance Document for Design of Large-Scale On-Site Wastewater Renovation Systems (OWRS) is intended to provide information and methodologies for the design, construction, operation and maintenance for those wastewater renovation systems which are under the Department’s regulatory authority. This includes OWRS at:
- Sites where the design flow is greater than 5,000 gallons per day, which may include multiple smaller systems.
- Sites utilizing alternative treatment system.
- Sites utilizing community sewerage systems.
- CD’s containing the entire guidance document can be purchased from the DEEP Store located on the Store Level, 79 Elm Street, Hartford, CT 06106.
- The guidance document is available for download below.
- Hardcopies of the guidance document are not available.
View Guidance Document by Section
- Cover, Dedication, Acknowledgements, Preface (PDF, 62 KB)
- Section I - Introduction (PDF, 65 KB)
- Section II – Wastewater Renovation in Subsurface Soils (PDF, 193 KB)
- Section III – Estimating Wastewater Flows (PDF, 198 KB)
- Section IV – Estimating Wastewater Characteristics (PDF, 176 KB)
- Section V – Basic Ground Water Hydrology for Design of Subsurface Wastewater Absorption Systems (PDF, 132 KB)
- Section VI – Hydraulic Capacity Analysis (PDF, 588 KB)
- Section VII – Hydrogeologic Study and Report (PDF, 38 KB)
- Section VIII – Elevation of Seasonal High Ground Water (PDF, 96 KB)
- Section IX – Basic Pretreatment (PDF, 48 KB)
- Section X – Subsurface Wastewater Absorption System Design (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Section XI – Enhanced Pretreatment (PDF, 341 KB)
- Section XII – Wastewater Conveyance Systems (PDF, 509 KB)
- Section XIII – Quality Assurance and Quality Control (PDF, 61 KB)
- Section XIV – System Operation, Maintenance and Monitoring (PDF, 82 KB)
- Appendices (PDF, 738 KB)
Questions and comments may be emailed to Antoanela Daha at email@example.com
in the DEEP Bureau of Materials Management and Compliance Assurance or telephone at 860-424-3876.
Content Last Updated July 16, 2012