DMV’s Business License AutoRenew
SERVICE ADVISORY: DMV will close for the Labor Day holiday as usual on Friday, Sept. 4, at 12:30 p.m. and will not have its half-day office hours the next day, Saturday. This follows contractual agreements related to state and federal holidays that occur on Mondays as Labor Day does. Offices will reopen Tuesday, Sept. 8, at 7:45 a.m.
Welcome to DMV’s business license online renewal system. This online service allows certain DMV-regulated businesses to renew a license from the convenience of a computer.
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW
BEFORE MAKING YOUR ONLINE TRANSACTION
1) Who May Use Online Renewal
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is needed to access the online renewal system. Your PIN will be listed in your renewal notice.
- The following businesses are able to renew a license online:
- Licensed Dealers – New, Used, Marine
- Licensed Repairers – General or Limited
- Licensed Recyclers
NOTE: Leasing licenses and Manufacturing licenses may NOT be renewed online.
2) Payment Options
- You must use a debit or credit card. Discover, MasterCard or Visa accepted.
3) Information Required
- Please be ready to provide the following information during the online renewal process:
- Business license number
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) – located on renewal notice
- Valid driver’s license number of business principal
- Credit/debit card information
4) Print Documents
- Once you have completed the online renewal process, please remember to print your renewed license, plate list and receipt to keep on file.
5) Late Renewals
- You have up to 45 days after the license expiration date to renew online.
6) Renewals Only
7) For More Information
- Please contact DMV’s Business Licensing Unit at (860) 263-5056.
Content Last Modified on 8/15/2015 7:55:35 PM