DMV: Registration Refund Requests by Mail

Registration Refund


Before applying for a registration refund, you must cancel your registration with DMV.  You can cancel the registration through DMV's online service.  Select this link to cancel your registration online.  To be eligible for a refund, there must be at least one full year remaining on the registration.

***All refunds must be submitted to DMV prior to the expiration date of the canceled registration.

A registration refund cannot be processed over the telephone.

By Mail:

Call the DMV Contact Center to request the refund form (Form F-82) be mailed to you.  Once you receive the form, complete and mail form to:

Department of Motor Vehicles
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT 06161
ATTN: Refunds

In Person:

Proceed to your local DMV Hub or Limited Service office and complete the refund form (Form F-82).

Content Last Modified on 6/29/2018 12:42:51 PM