DMV: Selling a Vehicle Without a Title

Selling a Vehicle Without a Title

If you have lost your original Connecticut Certificate of Title and are selling the vehicle to someone who will be registering it in Connecticut, you can follow the procedures listed below to sell the vehicle without requesting a replacement title.

Note: If the vehicle is being sold to someone in another state, you must request a replacement title. Once you have received the duplicate title, complete the transfer section on the reverse side of the title and provide to the buyer of the vehicle.

Content Last Modified on 7/30/2015 11:21:22 AM