DPH: Reporting a Complaint

Reporting a Complaint

{Writing a Complaint} Consumers and their families may file complaints about health care providers or facilities with the Connecticut Department of Public Health.


Health Care Practitioners


If your complaint is in regard to care provided by an individual health care practitioner (i.e. doctor, nurse, chiropractor, etc.) you may select this link to access a printable complaint form.  Please complete the form and mail it to the address indicated. 

Should you wish to contact the Practitioner Investigations Unit you may email, dial (860) 509-7552 or fax (860) 509-7535.

You may select this link to access information regarding DPH's Complaint Investigation and Hearing Process.  You may also select this link for frequently asked questions regarding practitioner complaints and investigations.

Health Care Facilities


If your complaint is in regard to care provided by institutions or agencies (i.e. hospitals, nursing homes, home health care, laboratories) you may send written documents to:


Facility Licensing and Investigations Section

Connecticut Department of Public Health
410 Capitol Ave., MS# 12 HSR
Hartford, CT 06134-0308

Phone:  (860) 509-7400

Fax:  (860) 509-7538

The Connecticut Department of Public Health also maintains the Medicare Home Health Hotline to receive complaints specifically about home health services. The toll free number is: (800) 828-9769.

The Health Care Financing Administration's (HCFA) Nursing Home Database contains information on every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country. This website enables you to get additional information about nursing homes.  Click here for more information on Comparing Nursing Homes.

Additional Websites for Information

Content Last Modified on 8/22/2012 8:02:48 AM