DRS: Part, LLCs & PTE info


COMPOSITE INCOME TAX FILING REQUIREMENTS for Partnerships and other Pass-Through Entities (PE) that are taxed as Partnerships:   A partnership or other pass-through entity that is taxed as a partnership (PE) is required to file Form CT-1065/CT-1120SI, where it:

  • Is required to file federal Form 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income; and
  • Has any income, gain, loss, or deduction derived from or connected with sources within Connecticut.

(For Composite Filing Requirements for S Corporations, visit our S Corporation tax page.)

A PE is required to file Form CT-1065/CT-1120SI, Connecticut Composite Income Tax Return, and is also required to make a composite Connecticut income tax payment on behalf of each nonresident noncorporate member or PE where the memberís pro rata share of the PE's income derived from or connected with Connecticut sources is $1,000 or more A nonresident member may not elect out of the composite payment requirements.   File electronically. Use the TSC-BUS.

For more information, please see IP 2006(22) , Connecticut Income Tax Changes Affecting Pass-Through Entities.

BUSINESS ENTITY TAX There is a biennial (every other year) tax of $250 on each domestic or foreign entity (S corporation, limited liability company, including single member limited liability company, limited liability partnership, and limited partnership), where the entity is required to file an annual report with the Connecticut Secretary of the State. The tax is required to be paid to DRS by an entity on or before the fifteenth day of the fourth month following the close of every other taxable year of the entity (April 15 for calendar year filers). (An entityís taxable year is its taxable year for federal income tax purposes.)   Visit the Business Entity Tax Page for more information.