Troubleshooting PDF File Downloads
Q. When downloading a PDF form, my web browser window goes blank and I never receive the file, what should I do?
A. Follow the appropriate steps below to resolve the problem:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
If you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader, upgrade to version 7.0 or later available for free on the Adobe website.
- Internet Explorer
If you are using Internet Explorer as your web browser, go to Microsoft Support Online and enter Q177321 in the "Search the Knowledge Base" box in the upper left corner of the page. This article contains suggestions for resolving the blank screen problem.
- Use the "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." option to download the PDF file directly to your hard drive and bypass the Acrobat Reader plug-in.
- Select "PDF File Format" if necessary.
- Select the file(s) you wish to download.
- Click the "Review Selected Files" button.
- When presented with the Results page use the "Save Target As.." option to download the file. This can normally be accomplished by right clicking (left click, if your mouse is configured for left handed operation) on the title link then selecting "Save Target As.." when presented with a menu.
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the file after downloading.
If you still have problems downloading files, you may e-mail the Web Master at DRS.firstname.lastname@example.org
Content Last Modified on 10/22/2012 9:44:57 AM